Sunday, October 28, 2012

Four Elements

I was trying to think of a good gift for my groomsmen... one that would be both, personal and unique for each of them. After some thought, I realized the answer was right in front of me - four dudes - four elements.

So I started brainstorming, figuring out which of my friends fit into each category. My friend Nick is a great professional fighter, and well.. a bit more aggressive - he got created first, Fire.



My friend Ray is a professional ballroom dancer, and it's quite amazing to see him on the dance floor, he flows around effortlessly. No brainer there, Water.





My friend Mike is an intellectual with a love of nature (and coffee) ... you can see a trend here, Earth. 



However, when it came time to create my fourth illustration for my friend Brendan, I couldn't figure it out. The previous three had gone fairly easy, but I couldn't wrap my head around how I could tie in an element with what he did..  or how to illustrate it at all. It wasn't until I heard he was on yet another business trip that it dawned on me, why not make the guy who is constantly flying around the world.... flying. So I strapped some wings on the big guy and called it a day. Air.


Oh - and yea... I got married! They loved the gifts and the wedding was amazing. Check out my WIFE's blog over here. *click*

Cheers!
Keith

No comments: